Tool Stack Management
- How Sastrify provides 24/7 coverage of your stack
- Upload your documents into Sastrify
- Forward your documents via Email
- How to populate your Sastrify account
- Create a new subscription
- User Roles: what are the differences?
- Sastrify Academy: learn everything you need about Sastirfy and SaaS Procurement!
- Collaborating in Sastrify: invite your colleagues and assign Tool Owners
- Sastrify Support: address platform issues and track procurement involvements
- Trouble signing in?
- Add, delete, or change Tool Owners
- Working with documents in Subscriptions
- Deleting and archiving subscriptions
- Create Automated Tasks based on the subscription status
- Digitalise your subscription tool list
- Bulk upload of invoices
- Make the most out of your Overview Page
- Checking your notification settings
- Purchase your SaaS through the SastriMarket
- How to start Procurement Initiatives
- Involving Sastrify in your Procurement Initiatives
- Beta: How to include multiple tools in Procurement Initiatives
- Renewal Management
- Vendor Insights
- The Approval Workflows: Simplify requesting and processing new tools
- Beta: Get Pricing Benchmarks through Sastrify
- Single Sign-On (SSO): What it is and how it can be used for Tool Discovery
- How to use our Google integration
- Okta Configuration Guide
- Accounting software integrations: how it works
- Transfer data from Candis.io into Sastrify
- Transfer data from Spendesk into Sastrify
- Transfer data from Pleo into Sastrify
- Transfer data from Moss into Sastrify
- Transfer data from DATEV into Sastrify
- Pleo Zapier Integration: how to establish and work with it
- Discover all tools used in your company
- How to connect Netsuite
- How to connect Quickbooks
- Usage Analytics: Optimize your spend based on active users
- What tools are considered SaaS?
- When and how to involve Sastrify in a contract evaluation or negotiation?
- Is the spend data always up-to-date?
- Who can invite a new user?
- Who receives the renewal alerts?
- How do you handle confidentiality clauses in vendor contracts?
- How does Sastrify interact with vendors?
- Does Sastrify handle SaaS contract termination?
- How does Sastrify work with currencies?
- How to work with price benchmarks
- Google SSO integration FAQs
- ERP & Accounting tool integrations FAQs
- Why is contract data essential for benchmarking and negotiation support?
- My invoice's processing has failed. What do I do?
- Alex Dussurgey - Head of Procurement
- Katja Rickert - Team Lead Purchasing
- Hani Mattar - Team Lead Purchasing
- Tim Hintze - Senior SaaS Procurement Specialist
- Francis van Brussel - Senior SaaS Procurement Specialist
- Oriane Houenou - Senior IT Buyer
- Pablo Verde - IT Buyer
- Irem Koroglu - IT Buyer
- Natasha Reid - IT Buyer
- Armin Nadafian - IT Buyer
- Yigit Okudan - IT Buyer
- Accounting Integrations and their benefits
- How Sastrify provides 24/7 coverage of your stack: assigning Tool Owners
- How Sastrify provides 24/7 coverage of your stack: setting Renewal dates
- How to set up, activate, and use an approval workflow (1-level)
- How to set up a multidepartment Approval Workflow
- Invite users to Sastrify
- What Sastrify can do for Tool Owners
- How to request a new tool, track your initiatives or approvals
- Involving Sastrify in your Procurement Initiatives
- Sastrify Support: track procurement involvements and request support
- How to collaborate using custom tasks
- How to use the Discovered Tools tab
- How to set up direct integration Usage Analytics
- How to set up SSO Usage Analytics (Okta)
- How to use subscription tags
- How to set up company wide Renewal Reminder Alerts
Create Automated Tasks based on the subscription status Print
Modified on: Tue, 28 Nov, 2023 at 3:24 PM
In this article:
"Task Automation" is a feature of the Sastrify platform that allows you to create automatic tasks based on the status of each subscription. In the "T" tab of the left hand menu, you can trigger automated tasks for the two main subscription stages:
- New Subscription Created: when a new subscription has been added on Sastrify
- Subscription up for Renewal: when a subscription moves into a "up-for-renewal" status
Below is an overview of use cases for each event or subscription transition.
New Subscription Created
This stage is relatively similar to the previous one, but might include some additional necessary actions, like assigning the Finance Admin to set up invoice forwarding for the subscription, so that the spend remains accurately reflected in the platform. You can also create a Workflow for the Tool Owner to review if the data policy has to be updated or not. The task can mention external sources, like a dedicated Notion page for example.
Subscription up for Renewal
For this stage of the subscription lifecycle there are several processes that need to take place as well. The whole possibility of renewing the tool has to be evaluated by reviewing and validating the tool requirements and usage. You could create the Workflow and include the following questions as either one task or separate tasks assigned to different users:
- Does the tool still meet business requirements? Assigned to the Team Lead
- Is this tool meeting ROI estimations? Assigned to the Finance Admin
- Are there any alternatives that could be better suited for our current needs? Assigned to the Tool Owner
- How does this tool impact OKRs? Assigned to the Team lead
- Any additional details? Assigned to the Tool Owner
In case the tool does not satisfy the company's needs anymore, alternatives should be explored and evaluated. Also, if there are budget adjustments, a workflow can be created to look into those as well.
Implementing Task Automation
Once the Tasks are created, they will be automatically triggered as soon as any tool shifts into the respective lifecycle stage. For example, when a subscription’s status automatically changes to “Up for Renewal” as it nears it renewal date, all the tasks connected to the respective Task will automatically appear in the Task Tab of each subscription.
Setting up Task Automation ensures all relevant stakeholders are involved in a timely manner. Each stakeholder can be invited into the platform and once assigned a specific task through the Workflows, will be notified regarding the assigned task and any set deadline (e.g. within the first two months of the new tool being requested or a month prior to a contract renewal), and additionally reminded to complete any outstanding tasks prior to the due date.
Task Automation is unifying all processes that even take place outside of Sastrify on the platform, creating a high level of transparency for all stakeholders involved.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback