Tool Stack Management
- Set up and populate your SaaS stack
- How Sastrify provides 24/7 coverage of your stack
- Renewal Management: Define renewal dates & reminders
- Assign and modify Tool Owners
- Visualize your stack with your subscription list
- Upload your SaaS documents into Sastrify
- Sastrify Support: Report issues and track procurement involvements
- Roll out Sastrify across your organization
- Sastrify's Commitment to Security and Privacy Standards
- Tool Discovery via SSO (Single Sign-On) integrations
- Using Google Workspace SSO for Tool Discovery
- Use Discovered Page to detect active subscriptions
- Manually add a new tool subscription
- Bulk upload of SaaS invoices
- Forward your SaaS documents via email
- Navigate and get the most out of the Overview page
- Manage activities and collaborate using custom tasks
- Task Automation: Streamline the creation of routine tasks
- Archive or delete inactive subscriptions
- Change notification preferences
- Understanding Renewal Statuses & Actions
- Workflows: Automate procurement processes with consistency
- Form Component Guide for Sastrify Form Builder
- Using Procurement Initiatives for new purchase & renewal
- Get expert support by involving Sastrify in your initiatives
- Get Pricing Benchmarks through Sastrify (Beta Version)
- Vendor Insights: Tool-specific information at your fingertips
- Purchase your SaaS through the SastriMarket
- Control your cloud costs with SastriCloud
- Integrate your ERP & Accounting software with Sastrify
- Utilize Usage Analytics for full usage visibility
- Integrate Pleo with Sastrify
- Validate and fine-tune spend data with Spend Import
- How to connect Microsoft Dynamics
- How to connect Netsuite
- How to connect Quickbooks
- Import spend data from Candis to Sastrify
- Import spend data from Spendesk to Sastrify
- Import spend data from Pleo to Sastrify
- Import spend data from Moss to Sastrify
- Import spend data from DATEV to Sastrify
- Zoom Usage Analytics Integration Guide
- ERP & Accounting Integration FAQs
- Discovery via SSO Integration FAQs
- Usage Analytics FAQs
- Achieved & Potential Savings FAQs
- What is SaaS and Sastrify's scope of work?
- Who can invite a new user?
- Who receives the renewal alerts or reminders?
- How does Sastrify work with currencies?
- Is the spend data from accounting export always up-to-date?
- How to work with benchmark prices
- When and how to involve Sastrify in a contract evaluation or negotiation?
- How does Sastrify interact with SaaS vendors?
- How do you handle confidentiality clauses in vendor contracts?
- Does Sastrify handle SaaS contract termination?
- Why is contract data essential for benchmarking and negotiation support?
- My invoice's processing has failed. What do I do?
- Connecting your accounting software with Sastrify
- How to assign Tool Owners
- What Sastrify can do for Tool Owners
- How to set renewal dates
- How to set up a company-wide renewal reminder
- How to keep your tool stack updated
- How to set up, activate, and use a Workflow
- How to invite new users to Sastrify
- How to use Procurement Initiatives for new purchase & renewal
- How to involve Sastrify in your procurement initiatives
- How to collaborate using custom tasks
- Report issues and track procurement involvements
- Best Practices on how to work with Procurement Initiatives
- Get Pricing Benchmarks through Sastrify
- How to set up direct usage analytics integration
- How to set up SSO usage analytics integrations
- How to work with the Discovered tab
- How to use subscription tags
- How to perform budgeting using Sastrify
- Walk-through of the subscription detail page
Using Google Workspace SSO for Tool Discovery Print
Modified on: Tue, 20 Feb, 2024 at 5:46 AM
Sastrify can seamlessly connect and build secure integration with your Google Workspace SSO to enable what is called Tool Stack Discovery.
This feature automatically discovers subscriptions as well as imports and continuously updates your entire tool stack by discovering all SaaS tools in use and accessed through your organization's Gmail logins.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Using this feature, you can discover and add new tools to Sastrify by setting up a connection that allows Sastrify to have read-only access to view usage and audit reports.
This connection can only be established by a user on your side who has appropriate access to the reports, typically the Google Workspace Admin.
During the integration setup, the Workspace Admin will be prompted to accept two authorizations (as shown in the screenshot below). It is important to check both boxes to ensure proper integration functionality.
Audit Report & Usage Report
A Google Workspace audit report is a detailed record of all actions and activities taken by users within a Google Workspace domain. The report provides insights into how users are utilizing Google Workspace.
The Customer Usage Reports aggregate Google Workspace service usage information for all users across an entire domain. It captures all successful logins made by accounts within the same domain to a list of authorized applications.
Newly Discovered Tools
Using the Customer Usage Reports, this integration consolidates the tool list based on SSO authentication logins and compares it to Sastrify's vendor database. The following will take place:
- If a tool is already listed as part of the active subscription list (Tool Stack page), the integration will not create a duplicate tool. In other words, it will take no action.
- If it does not find any matches in Sastrify's vendor database, it will not add the tool to the list or the Discovered Tools page.
- If a tool in the list is listed in our vendor database and is not yet listed in the Tool Stack, it will be added as a newly discovered tool under the Discovered page (see image below as an example). A "New" marker or tag will appear next to page label to indicate that new subscriptions have been discovered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the conditions for Google integration to detect or discover new tools?
Q: What happens if there is a tool that used to be accessed via Google SSO authentication, but has not been used in the last 30-60 days? Will the integration still pull it into Sastrify?
A: Yes, the Google Workspace integration does not consider user activity or frequency of access when pulling tools into Sastrify. It will capture all successful logins.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback